Preamp and power supply assembled and tested for functionality.
A photo below shows the temporary functional mockup.
A box for them is on order and arrives early October.
I had hoped to improve my laptop video viewing experience with the addition of a couple og HP computer speakers. The wiring of the speakers has proved to be a nuisance. They don't fit in to the overall system. They would be great if I had a desktop in a fixed and permanent position, but I move my laptop around and don't want to haul the speakers around too. I dumped them. Maybe a couple of bluetooth speakers. The wifi headphones turned out to be dicey. I got my money back from the eBay seller. I can run the phones once I remove the circuitboard from the pplastic housing. Then recharging batteries becomes a nuisance. Dumping the speakers and, provisionally, the headphones. Bluetooth is probably the way to go.
The LG SmartTV has an operating system installed, just like a personal computer. The one on my laptop is Windows 10 Pro. I also have one of the many 'flavors' of Linux installed inside the Windows operating system. The one on my Apple cell phone is iOS. The one on my Raspberry Pi is 'Raspbian Buster', before that, 'Raspbian Stretch' was resident. The one on the TV is WebOS. That operating system is used by LG for many devices. I also have an LG washing machine with wifi capability using that operating system. The system was made open source some time ago. That means, interested people can contribute to the evolution of the software, or make a spin-off of the own. I'm considering the options available using a custom build of the software. I hope to make saving video data for future viewing opssible. Some LG models have/had a recorder on board. My model does not. The Sony Betamax law lets people make copies of electonic media for which they have leg...
I continue to develop the script that processes incoming movies. The script began as several separate scripts performing specific tasks. I combined them into a single bash script. Recently, I took up the task of local database development again. I have a lical version of the IMDB database in Sqlite format. A series of csv files comprise a local OMDB database. They can be imported into an Sqlite database as well. I downloaded what seems a reliable and accurate Kaggle version of the TMDB database to complete the set. I need to determine the metadata I will use and the source, then develop a script tobextract the data and import into movie files. This will rliminate the need for MetaX, though that app has many desirable features. One of the features fetches poster images for perusal and selection. That I can do but time and a list of sources will be needed. Until then I will continue to use MetaX. I do not intend to replace the program 'Rename My TV Series.'
Comments
Post a Comment